Lemon Brownies | Lemon Blondies
My Lemon Brownies are the perfect spring and summer treat! My unique recipe uses heavy cream and melted butter to create an beautifully moist and slightly dense sponge. Covered with a zesty lemon cream cheese frosting, these lemon blondies are absolute perfection! Did I mention the ease of this recipe? Yup, they are so quick and easy to make!!! I hope you’ll enjoy my recipe – Let me know what you think in the comments below!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- zest and juice of 2 organic lemons
- 2 8oz pkg cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place sugar and eggs in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat at medium speed until mixture is pale and triples in volume - about 5-7 minutes.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Using a wired whisk mix together to combine.
- Add half of your dry ingredients to your sugar mixture. Stir until just combined. Add half of your heavy cream and stir to combine. Add remaining flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Add remaining heavy cream, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix to incorporate until just combined. Scrape down the sides of your bowl to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When done, let cool to room temperature.
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add confectioners sugar and reserved lemon juice. Mix to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Once lemon cake base is completely cooled, evenly smooth cream cheese frosting over top.
- Cover and place in fridge or freezer to set overnight, or for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into desired squares and serve!