Whole wheat berry muffins never tasted so good!
My perfectly moist whole wheat breakfast muffins are for bursting with blueberries and saskatoon berries! These muffins are super quick and easy to make! The tartness of the Saskatoon Berries and the sweetness of the Blueberries, make a perfect combination in these muffins! These are a great simple healthy breakfast muffin!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
- ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh/frozen Saskatoon berries
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Place oil, eggs, and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix together using a wired whisk or wooden spoon.
- Once combined, add the sour cream and milk. Mix together until combined.
- Place your dry ingredients into a separate and stir to incorporate. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the flour mixture over your berries and stir to ensure berries are coated with flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Ensure not to over mix to avoid tough muffins. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Add the berries and vanilla extract and gently fold into mixture until just combined.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters full, with batter. You may use ¼ cup measure or 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven, for 20-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.