If you love apple fritters, you’ll LOVE my Apple Fritter Cake! Same great taste, and but NOT deep fried!! This amazing cake tastes just like apple fritters, straight from the fryer – light and fluffy vanilla cake layer topped with soft yet crunchy sweet cinnamon apples! Enjoy this breakfast and brunch – served warm as a snack with coffee or tea. This also makes a perfect dessert idea with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream or Salted Caramel Ice Cream.
Apple Fritter Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup butter melted
- APPLE TOPPING
- 2 Gala Apples peeled, cored and small diced
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- APPLE TOPPING
- Place apples, butter, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Stir together until apples are fully coated with ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into the bowl of a standing mixer. Stir to combine dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix to combine on medium low speed.
- Add melted butter and stir until just combined.
- Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Spoon over prepared apple filling over cake evenly. Using the knife swirl the topping into the cake.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Combine confectioners sugar and milk until you have a smooth glue like consistency.
- ASSEMBLY OF APPLE FRITTER CAKE
- Removed cake from oven once fully baked. Allow to sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Drizzle prepared glaze evenly over entire surface of cake.
- Serve cake warm on its own or with your favorite ice cream