Ever want to try your hand at homemade bakery style blueberry muffins? My Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins are the perfect recipe. That’s right, these muffins are next level deliciousness thanks to the addition of cream cheese.
But do they taste overwhelmingly like cheesecake? Not at all. These muffins have a perfectly balanced super light cheesecake undertone and a lovely blueberry tang! They are perfectly balanced in flavor and their texture – moist and light! Give this recipe a try and let me know how much you love it in the comments below!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 - 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp bp
- ½ tsp salt
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 cup rinsed and dry blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Place cupcake liners in muffin tin and set aside.
- Cream oil, cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl, or using a stand mixer, until well combined.
- Add lemon zest and juice. Stir to combine.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture and sprinkle over your blueberries, ensuring each blueberry is coated with flour.
- Add flour to cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Add blueberries and using a spatula, fold into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, about 3/4s of the way full.
- Bake in preheated over for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!