Summer dessert time!!
There’s nothing better in the summer than fruit desserts! My blueberry crumble is a perfect summer dessert. Fresh or frozen blueberries, tossed with a cinnamon sugar mixture and topped with a delicious crumble topping – it doesn’t get any better than this!
- 6 cups of blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ lemon juice and zest
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Crumble Topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- Pinch of salt
- Place blueberries, sugar, salt, lemon zest and juice and nutmeg into a medium sized mixing bowl. Toss to fully coat blueberries.
- Add cornstarch and toss to coat blueberries.
- Pour berries into a lightly buttered 8 by 8 baking dish. Set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, stir brown sugar, flour, salt and granulated sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add butter and stir into flour mixture, using wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the surface of the blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated 375 oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes and then serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.