MOIST BLUEBERRY LEMON YOGURT LOAF
Nothing says spring like blueberry lemon loaf! My homemade blueberry lemon yogurt loaf is the perfect recipe to make throughout spring and summer! I mean, come on, the combination of sweet and sour blueberries with tart lemon in a light and moist cake – HEAVENLY!!! This loaf can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a dessert with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or homemade vanilla icecream. Either way I am so sure you will love this recipe!
Bluberry Lemon Yogurt Cake Loaf
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup oil vegetable or canola
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and line loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Place flour, baking powder and salt into a small mixing bowl. Stir together to fully combine, using a wired whisk and set aside.
- Add sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, oil, lemon zest and juice into a large mixng bowl. Stir together using wired whisk until fully combined.
- Toss blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture and set aside.
- Stir in flour mixture in 2 additions until just combined.
- Add blueberries and gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow loaf to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, once done and then invert onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!