GOODBYE TAKEOUT MENU
When I say my Broccoli Mushroom Stirfry is the BEST, I am not joking. In all seriousness, this stirfry is reminiscent of Chinese takeout Broccoli and Mushroom Stirfry – so delicious, and even better since it’s homemade which means you can get to enjoying it in half the time it takes to order it! This is a super quick stirfry with only a few ingredients that make for an all out flavor packed dish. Enjoy!
Broccoli Mushroom Stirfry
- ½ yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms thinly sliced – can use white button or cremini
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- BLANCH BROCCOLI FLOURETS: Over high heat, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Once water starts to boil, add broccoli florets and turn off heat. Allow broccoli flourets to sit in the boiled water for2 to3 minutes – flourets should be bright green and firm. Drain broccoli into a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan, over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms, garlic, chicken boulion and red chili flakes. Stir to combine and continue to cook on medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add blanched broccoli florets and stir to combine. Cook for another minute or until broccoli is heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve right away over rice or quinoa.