Moist Easy Brown Sugar Muffins with Cinnamon and Oats
Quick easy breakfast muffin recipe with oats and cinnamon
Not only are these breakfast muffins super easy to make, they are not too sweet and super moist!!! These muffins also freeze very well, simply allow them to cool for 5 minutes, once they come out of the oven, then wrap each muffin in saran wrap, then place the wrapped muffins into a ziplock bag and place in the freezer. Reheat the muffins on defrost in the microwave until warmed through!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick rising oats extra to garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Place butter in a saucepan over medium low heat. Stirring consistently, cook butter until it begins to foam. Once foam begins to subside, continue to cook until the butter begins to turn lightly brown, stirring consistently – brown specks will form and the butter will have a nutty aroma. Remove from stove and pour into bowl and set aside to cool.
- Line muffin tray and preheat oven to 375.
- Place brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla into a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Pour cooled brown butter (it may be slightly warm) and evaporated milk into the brown sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Place your dry ingredients into a separate bowl, including oats, and stir to incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Fill muffin liners half way to three-quarters full, with muffin batter. You may use and ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Once all muffin liners have been filled, sprinkle additional oats and cinnamon on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven, for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place baked muffins on cooling rack for 10 minutes and then remove and serve.