A staple pancake recipe is so essential!
Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes can’t be beat! So long store-bought pancake mix!
Yes store bought pancake mixes can be super convenient, however given how easy and basic it is to make homemade pancakes from scratch, there’s no reason not to have your own homemade go to recipe! My recipe for buttermilk pancakes are so light and fluffy, you could even mistake them for IHOP or Denny’s pancakes! Did I mention the ease of this recipe? Basic pantry ingredients, along with eggs and buttermilk and you’re ready to go! Recipe demonstration below, and remember sharing is caring!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- Butter for skillet
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt into large bowl and mix together using wired whisk. Set aside.
- Add eggs and buttermilk to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined and there are no large lumps.
- To cook pancakes, heat skillet over medium low heat. Once pan is heated add a small amount of butter to coat the surface of the pan and pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet.
- Turn pancakes over when the bottom is golden brown and bubbles forming on the top pop. Once flipped, continue cooking until underside is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.