The PERFECT side dish!!!
My Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is super easy and oh so delicious!
I’ve recently discovered my love of cauliflower, especially when it involves cheese, in the form of my Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole! Honestly, I tended to always stay away from cooking cauliflower because I couldn’t stand the smell of it raw, and although I do still find it unpleasant, my cheesy cauliflower casserole is just too good for me to let that stand in the way. The cooked cauliflower in this casserole has a reminisce taste of a buttery baked potato covered in a creamy, cheesy, garlicy sauce with layers of more cheese topped with a crunchy panko and parmesan topping. To make my casserole, all I did was cut my cauliflower into bite sized florets and boiled them for about 10 minutes, until tender. While they boiled away I made a simple cream based cheese sauce. Once that was done I simply layered my cooked cauliflower, my cheese sauce and some more shredded cheese in my baking dish, topped it off with some panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and them baked until bubbly and golden brown.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into bite sized peices
- 1 ½ cup half and half or heavy cream
- 4oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place cauliflower florets into large pot of boiling water, over medium high heat. Coke for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Drain cauliflower and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place half and half and cream cheese into medium sized sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
- Add in garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place half of the cauliflower and cream sauce into lightly buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle on top half of your shredded cheese.
- Pour remaining cauliflower and cream sauce over cheese layer.
- Sprinkle top with remaining shredded cheese, along with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered in for for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.