SIMPLE CHICKEN STIRFRY + LETTUCE = THE BEST CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Simple and delicious recipe, defiantly don’t have to bore the pallet. My easy low carb chicken lettuce wraps are no exception. These delicious wraps are packed full of flavor and are so quick to prepare.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounce can whole water chestnuts drained and diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- Place hoisin sauce, red chili flakes, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, into a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place oil in medium sized saucepan, and heat over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, ginger and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add ground chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, ensuring to crumble chicken as its cooking.
- Add in prepared sauce and stir to fully coat chicken. Continue cooking chicken. If pan is too dry add some water a tablespoon at a time.
- Add water chestnuts and green onions and cook for another 2 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- To serve spoon filling into center of lettuce leaf, like you would a taco. Enjoy!