Easy healthy chicken asparagus mushroom skillet
One pan skillets are one of those great quick dinner recipes with chicken and veggies!! This is also a great meal prep stir-fry recipe! Enjoy this flavorful honey chicken stir fry!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus – trimmed the stems and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons miced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each of parsley, thyme, rosemary
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1-3 tablespoons honey
- Place 3 tablespoons of oil into a trying pan/wok over medium heat. Once oil has heated, add diced chicken pieces and cook for 5-7 minutes until they begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onions, and remaining spices. Stir to combine and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the onions are translucent and soft. Add 3 tablespoons of water to deglaze frying pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and another 3 tablespoons of water and honey. Stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the asparagus is bright green and crisp.
- Serve and enjoy over white or brown rice or noodles!