Nothing quite says ‘comfort food’ like a pot pie
Am I right or am I right? My Chicken Mushroom and Broccoli Pot Pie hits the spot on a dreary spring or winter day. This is a super simple recipe that really doesn’t take very many ingredients to put together. Did I mention the puff pastry top? Rich mushroom gravy, with chunks of chicken and broccoli covered with a buttery flaky crust – I’ll be having thirds thank you very much!
Be sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel – Cooking with Chika, follow me on Instagram @cookingwithchika and as well on Facebook @cookingwithchika
Chicken Mushroom and Broccoli Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup half and half reserve 2 tablespoons
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Place oil and butter into saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and onions and cook for 2 minutes, turning chicken pieces.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, and spices. Toss with chicken and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and toss to coat chicken and vegetables. Cook for another minute to remove the flour taste.
- Add chicken stock and half and half. Stir and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Transfer chicken filling into 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with puff pastry, folding the excess pastry over itself. Brush reserved half and half over top of pastry.
- Bake in preheated 400 oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown – cooking time may vary depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving