Nothing quite says ‘comfort food’ like a pot pie
My Chicken Mushroom and Broccoli Pot Pie, with puff pastry, hits the spot all the time!
Rich mushroom gravy, with chunks of chicken and broccoli covered with a buttery flaky puff pastry crust
This is a super simple recipe that really doesn’t take very many ingredients to put together. It’s so good you may even have thirds!!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Chicken Mushroom and Broccoli Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup half and half reserve 2 tablespoons
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- Place oil and butter into saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and onions and cook for 2 minutes, turning chicken pieces.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, and spices. Toss with chicken and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and toss to coat chicken and vegetables. Cook for another minute to remove the flour taste.
- Add chicken stock and half and half. Stir and cook until sauce begins to thicken.
- Transfer chicken filling into 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with puff pastry, folding the excess pastry over itself. Brush reserved half and half over top of pastry.
- Bake in preheated 400 oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown – cooking time may vary depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving