If you love Indian or Thai food you’ll LOVE my Chili Lime Chicken!!
Put down the phone, drop the take out menu and run to your kitchen!!!! Sweet, spicy, tangy and insanely delicious my Chili Lime Chicken is a MUST MAKE recipe – an ultimate keeper. This recipe is so simple to make and packed full of flavor! Serve over basmati rice, jasmine rice or my Coconut Rice!
Chili Lime Chicken
- 1 lb chicken can use whole thighs or diced breasts
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tbsp water combined
- ½ teaspoon cilantro
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 green onions finely diced
- Add oil to frying pan. Once heated add chicken. Season chicken with black pepper cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown on each side. Remove chicken from pan and place on plate and set aside. Drain excess oil from pan.
- Add water, onion, garlic, soya sauce, brown sugar, onion, parsley, cilantro and red chilli flakes into frying pan. Stir to combine and deglaze pan. Bring to simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add lime zest and juice to sauce. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces to sauce and stir to coat chicken. Bring to simmer. .
- Add cornstarch slurry and stir into sauce. Allow sauce to cook for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add green onions just before removing from stove.
- Serve over COCONUT RICE or rice of your choice.