Semi-homemade Chocolate Bundt Cake
In all honesty, I’ve never truly been a lover of Black forest Cake, because I didn’t like cherries…..with the exception of BC Cherries of course! So if I’ve never really have a true love affair of cherries, why do I have a cake recipe that stars this ingredient on my blog? Well, believe it or not, my Chocolate Cherry Cake is one of my favorite cakes, and is a complete hit whenever I make it. How can that be? Honestly it’s the canned cherry pie filling.
This chocolate bundt cake with cherry pie filling this EASIEST Bundt cake to make, and you can’t even taste the cherries!
When I say this cake is one of the most moist and light cakes you will ever try I am not joking. And let’s talk a bit about the cherry pie filling – it adds such a nice complementary flavor to the chocolate – not over powering but has just enough presence for you and your guests to know that this is NOT your average chocolate cake. But Chika I absolutely HATE cherries – I challenge you to make this cake for yourself or anyone who stands against cherries and I promise, you/they will fall in love!
Make this cake using a food processor or blender, or of course in a stand mixer.
Not only is this cake DELICIOUS, it is also a cinch to make. I like to pulse/puree/mix my cherries with my eggs and sugar first for a few seconds then add the rest of my ingredients. So to all my chocolate lovers and cherry haters – I dare you to give this recipe a try!!!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Chocolate Cherry Cake
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup coco powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease bundt pan and set aside.
- Place cherry pie filling, sugar, eggs, and vanilla into food processor and pulse for 3 seconds
- Place flour, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Whisk to combine ingredients together.
- Pour dry ingredients into food processor. Pulse for 2 seconds.
- Add oil and milk through spout of food processor, while pulsing ingredients together.
- Remove lid and scrape down the sides of your food processor to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased bundt (cake) pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When done, let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, spread with chocolate glaze.
- Cut and serve!