Old Fashioned Chocolate Crinkle Cookies | Chocolate Christmas Cookies
During the holidays, or really any time of the year, having homemade cookies on hand is a must! During Christmas having the perfect cookie exchange recipe is a necessity – something super easy to make that’s also festive. These Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are the prefect holiday cookie – add this to your list of Christmas cookie recipes!! These soft, moist, fudgy brownie-like cookies are one of my favorites, since I’m not actually a huge cookie fan. Make your dough ahead of time and freeze the cookie balls and take out and bake the amount that you need – follow my recipe and you won’t get flat chocolate crinkle cookies! Try this recipe for your next cookie exchange or holiday party!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste or pure extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Place flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place cocoa powder, granulated sugar and oil into a medium sized bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix to combine.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated. Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and place in freezer to chill for at least 1 hour or 2 hours in the fridge. **Dough can be prepared in advanced and placed in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out dough.
- Roll dough into small balls and coat generously with confections sugar.
- Place dough balls an inch apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and transfer them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Variations: Intensify these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by simply replacing the vanilla extract with almond, cherry, rum, mint or the extract of your choice.