No bake chocolate icebox cake
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Chocolate Icebox Cake with Mascarpone Cheese | Icebox Chocolate Cheesecake Cake
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 160 z/475grms mascarpone
- 1 200 g box of chocolate wafer cookies
- Place bittersweet and semisweet chocolate in a bowl. Place this bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir chocolate occasionally until it is fully melted. Remove bowl from heat, once chocolate is melted and set aside to cool.
- Combine whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar, and beat, using a hand held electric mixer or standing mixer, until stiff peaks form – beat on medium high – it should take no more than 5 minutes to reach stiff peaks.
- Place mascarpone cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer, and with the whisk attachment, beat until creamy and fluffy.
- With the mixer on medium high speed, add the cooled melted chocolate along the side of the bowl. Beat until well combined. Turn mixer off and scrape down the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl. Turn mixer back on and beat for another 10 -15 seconds to ensure the chocolate and mascarpone are fully incorporated.
- Add your prepared whipped cream to the mascarpone mixture in 3 additions, beating until each addition is fully incorporated. Scrape down the bottom and sides of your bowl to ensure the mixture is well combined.
- Line the bottom of a spring form pan with aluminum foil and the sides with plastic wrap. This step is optional but makes for easy cleanup!
- Place a dollop of the chocolate mascarpone mixture on the bottom of your pan and smooth out.
- Place half of the chocolate wafers on the bottom of the pan in a even layer. Add half of your whipped chocolate mascarpone over your wafers and smooth out the top. Create another layer of chocolate wafers, using the remaining wafers and then smooth other the remaining of your whipped chocolate mascarpone.
- Lift the overhanging plastic wrap and cover the top of the cake. Or place a piece of plastic wrap over the cake, ensuring it touches the surface.
- Refrigerate cake overnight. Unmold cake and server. Garnish the top with chocolate shavings and/or crushed chocolate wafers!