Chocolate Mousse Layer Cake
Looking for the BEST Chocolate Cake recipe ever? Look no further as my ultimate Chocolate Mousse Cake is here!!! This isn’t your average chocolate cake, that’s right this cake has my chocolate cheesecake mousse layered between each of the chocolate sponge cakes! If you are a die-hard chocolate lover or know someone who is, then this cake is for you!!!! I love this cake myself because it is so delicious and elegant – try this for your next family dinner!!
Ultimate Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water with ½ teaspoon instant coffee
- ½ tsp. instant coffee
- Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse recipe: https://goo.gl/zBjgny
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9 inch cake rounds and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Place, flour, coco, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl and add in the hot coffee. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes in the pans and then invert them onto a cooling rack, and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- Cool completely before filling and frosting.
- To assemble: take half of your mousse frosting (use my Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse recipe) and spread it over first cake layer. Place 2nd cake layer over mousse layer. Frost the top of cake with remaining mousse. Sprinkle top of cake with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, or crushed chocolate wafers or Oreos. Serve immediately or refrigerate.