Hot Fudge. Chocolate. Pudding. Cake…. Need I say more?
If you have never had a self saucing chocolate pudding cake, you are missing out! Aside from being super easy to make, this ‘cake’ offers the best of both worlds for all chocolate lovers. A lovely somewhat dense chocolate sponge cake at the top and glorious hot chocolate fudge sauce at the bottom! And best of all all your need are a few pantry ingredients plus some milk! Don’t you just love those kinds of recipes? Your welcome – LOL. Best served with Vanilla Ice Cream, or Salted Caramel Ice Cream.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 2/3 cup boiling water
- For the cake, place your dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Stir together using a wired whisk. Add the milk, canola oil and vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter evenly into a lightly buttered 8 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients, excluding the boiling water. Sprinkle over top of the batter, the sauce mixture in an even layer.
- Place your baking dish onto a cookie sheet. Carefully pour the hot water over the sauce mixture.
- Place cookie sheet into a preheated 350 oven and bake for 35-45, until cake is dry on the top.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite ice cream.