Chocolate Pudding Pie Recipe
My Homemade Chocolate Pudding Pie is a perfect made ahead dessert! This simple pie is so quick to put together – all you need are a few pantry ingredients and your ready to go! For the base of this pie, I used my Oil Pie Crust, which is another simple that is pretty hard to mess up, which I blind baked ahead of time. Click here to learn how to easily blind bake a pie crust! My pudding filing, is made using my basic old fashioned homemade pudding recipe – did I mention that it requires NO eggs! I use half and half to create the richness and creaminess of my chocolate pudding pie filling, I mean what’s richer than heavy cream combined with whole milk? And if you’re wondering if you can use milk, DON’T – the half and half is an absolute must for this recipe, so do not skimp out and use anything else. Make this recipe for your next dinner party or gathering and enjoy!
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt into a medium sized saucepan. Stir to fully combine.
- Add about ½ a cup of your milk to sugar mixture. Stir until mixture comes together and is smooth.
- Add the remaining half and half (1 ¾ cups) into a saucepan and stir to fully combine.
- Turn heat on to medium low and cook mixture stirring continuously until mixture begins to thicken and bubbles begin to form on the top. Continue cooking, while stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes .
- Turn off heat and add chocolate chips, vanilla and butter. Stir until ingredients are fully melted and incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prebaked pie shell and place in fridge to set and cool for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and enjoy!
Looks amazing! Blog site looks really great too!
Thank you so much!