Best ever chocolate quinoa cake that tastes good
Who knew gluten free could taste so good? When I tell you that my fudgy Chocolate Quinoa Cake is DELICIOUS, it is DELICIOUS!! It literally tastes like a fudgy chocolate brownie!
I know what your thinking – QUINOA!?! In chocolate cake? Really? YES!!! I promise you are going to love this gluten free chocolate cake recipe.
This recipe is super simple to make, takes very little prep – have I mentioned this is a recipe you can make using your food processor or blender? Yes indeed, it is! So if you are a chocolate lover, or know any chocolate lovers in your family (we all have at least one), make this recipe and share how much you like it in the comments!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Gluten- Free Chocolate Quinoa Cake
- 2 cups cooked quinoa at room temperature **
- ½ cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter softened or melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter baking pan (8’ or 9’ pan) and line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place quinoa, milk, eggs, and vanilla into food processor and pulse for 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter and plus to combine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Pulse for one minute to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. The top of the cake will be still be soft and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake will come out a bit wet.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from pan. Use a knife of slated spatula along the sides of the cake to loosen and then invert it onto serving platter. Dust with confectioner sugar and serve!
To make 2 cups of quinoa, place 1/2 a cup of dry quinoa and 1 cup of water into a pot. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender and the water has been absorbed.
Feel free to join our Gluten Free 2015 group & post all things Gluten free !!! Gluten free 2015- https://www.facebook.com/groups/880672241996794/
Gluten free 2015
I already posted your wonderful recipe for this cake