Fudgy GLUTEN-FREE Chocolate Cake
Who knew gluten free could taste so good? When I tell you that my fudgy Chocolate Quinoa Cake is DELICIOUS, it is DELICIOUS!! It literally tastes like a fudgy chocolaty brownie! I know what your thinking – QUINOA!?! In chocolate cake? Really? YES!!! I promise you are going to love this gluten free chocolate cake recipe. It’s super simple to make, takes very little prep – have I mentioned this is a recipe you can make using your food processor or blender? Yes indeed, it is! So if you are a chocolate lover, or know any chocolate lovers in your family (we all have at least one), make this recipe and let me know in the comments, how you/you all like it!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, at room temperature **
- ½ cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, softened or melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter baking pan (8’ or 9’ pan) and line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place quinoa, milk, eggs, and vanilla into food processor and pulse for 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter and plus to combine.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Pulse for one minute to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. The top of the cake will be still be soft and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake will come out a bit wet.
- Let cake cool completely before removing from pan. Use a knife of slated spatula along the sides of the cake to loosen and then invert it onto serving platter. Dust with confectioner sugar and serve!