BEST dairy-free Chocolate Cake EVER
My moist Chocolate Zucchini Bread is the BEST dairy-free Chocolate Cake EVER, and a chocolate lovers dream! Not only is this cake ‘healthy’ – I mean it has zucchini in it, it is so moist and chocolaty! This is a great way to sneak in extra veggies for this kiddos and they won’t even know. I love how moist the zucchini makes this cake and best of all you can’t even taste the zucchini at all! The addition of semisweet chocolate chips, also really adds that extra chocolate goodness to this cake. This cake is perfect as a snack or for dessert with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1/2 cup hot coffee ( ½ cup hot water mixed with ¼ teaspoon instant coffee or espresso powder
- 1 large zucchini or 1 ½ cups zucchini shredded (do not remove juices/liquid)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and line bottom of loaf pan and set aside.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of your flour mixture, and toss with your chocolate chips (this prevents chips from sinking to the bottom of your batter while baking). Set aside
- Add eggs, oil and shredded zucchini, including any liquid, into flour mixture. Stir to fully combine.
- Add hot water and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips combine.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until loaf is fully cooked.
- Allow fully cooked loaf to cool once done before serving