Moist, dense, and buttery! This traditional pound cake recipe is a staple for every home cook and baker. Serve this on its own with some tea, or dress it up with some fresh cream and strawberries. This pound cake can also be uses as the base for many different desserts such as trifles, ice cream cakes, or even icebox cakes.
Classic Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition until well combined – it is okay if your mixture looks curdled.
- Add half of your flour and mix until just combined. Scrape down the bottom and sides of your bowl.
- Add milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add remaining flour and stir until combined.
- Place batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 65 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit in baking pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then invert on to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve!