Corn pudding recipe without Jiffy mix
The first time I had Corn pudding – aka corn pie, cornbread pudding, corn pie casserole, was at a Christmas dinner hosted by my one of my Aunts and Uncles, who by the way are Trinidadian. When I tell you the Trinidad Corn Pie that my Uncle made was one of the best side dishes I have ever had, I kid you not! So naturally, I had to get the recipe. After a lengthy phone call and I was able to gather the ingredients and hints of measurements to make my own Corn Pie Casserole. So here it is for you all to enjoy as well.
Take this recipe from delicious to out of this world, by adding 1/3 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the batter and another 1/3 cup of cheese sprinkled over the top!
This recipe is so simple and easy to make, and requires very little ingredients, which I’m sure you already have in your pantry and fridge! Make this perfect corn bread pudding as a side dish during the holiday’s or enjoy this great comfort food side dish with your next meal!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Easy Corn Pudding Recipe
- 1 14 fl oz can cream corn
- 1 ½ cups corn flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a baking dish and set aside.
- Place corn flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix to combine.
- Add cream-style corn, milk, and eggs to dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and top is golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Dress up this Corn Bread Pudding by adding some cooked bacon and diced roasted red peppers, in addition to some shredded cheddar cheese!