The BEST Cranberry Scones you will EVER make – SOFT and FLUFFY!!!
CRANBERRY, CRANBERRY, CRANBERRY SCONES!!
Ever since I traveled to Geneva in 2015, to visit my sister who was working there at the time, I have NEVER been able to stop thinking of the incredible scones and clotted cream I had in transit. Mind you, I think I enjoyed the clotted cream more so than the scone itself, but nevertheless I have had scones on my mind since.
I recently attended a church event and had the pleasure of having some scones that my Deacon’s wife made and let me tell you, they were incredible. Of course I asked for her recipe, and she graciously shared it with me and I am now sharing with you – thank you Denise 😀 This recipe for Cranberry Scones couldn’t be any easier to whip up and they taste amazing. So say goodbye to hard dense scones and enjoy these soft pillowy scones. You can of course leave out the cranberries or add in chocolate chips, raisins, blueberries, really whatever you desire! I absolutely love this recipe and I know you will too. Enjoy the recipe demonstration below!
Cranberry Scones Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon or orange zest
- ¼ cup butter cold
- 2/3 cups dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix eggs, vanilla and buttermilk together until fully combined. Set aside.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and zest into a large mixing bowl. Stir together using fork or wooden spoon.
- Add in butter and cut into flour mixture using a pastry blender or your fork until mixer resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add cranberries and stir into mixture.
- Add egg mixture and mix until just combined. Turned out dough onto floured surface and knead until it comes together about 15 times. Add more flour as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Pat or roll dough into a 12 inch found circle and cut into wedges.
- Place each wedge of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake scones for 10 minutes. Remove from baking tray and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.