I know what your thinking – ANOTHER Cream Cheese Frosting recipe? Yes INDEED!!
I don’t think you can ever have one too many variations of recipes to choose from. I have 3 cream cheese frosting recipes on my blog, all of which are slightly different from one another, yet all super easy and delicious. This Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting has such a beautifully smooth creamy texture, due the addition of the ‘butter’. Speaking of which, I cannot stress how important it is to ensure that both your butter and cream cheese are at room temperature – unless you prefer lumpy frosting. This frosting is AMAZING for just about any cake or cupcake, especially my Red Velvet Cupcakes! View the recipe demonstration below!
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Place cream cheese and butter into bowl of sanding mixer. Cream using paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add confectioners sugar and vanilla. Beat until fully combined and light and fluffy.
- Use to frost cupcakes!