Crumb topping for pies
Making crumble topping for your pies, muffins, crumb bars and fruit crumbles couldn’t be any easier. This is a perfect make ahead recipe. Bake on its own to have as a snack or along side some of your favorite ice cream!
Crumble Topping Recipe
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter or margarine
- Place brown sugar, flour, salt and granulated sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir to fully combine.
- Add butter and stir into flour mixture until mixture resembles wet sand and clumps together.
- To use crumble sprinkle topping evenly over the surface your pies, muffins, fruit or bars and bake.
- To make on its own, spread topping onto a cookie sheet and bake in preheated 375 oven for 30 to 40 minutes or crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and stir. Store in air tight container in the fridge for up 3 days.