Egg free Butterscotch Pudding
Butterscotch pudding is one of those desserts that I don’t really make all that often, but when I do it is such a treat. I love that my recipe produces a creamy finished product that’s not overly sweet – lets be real, some peoples puddings are just too sweet – that’s not my style. Another thing I love is that this recipe really doesn’t require much – in fact it can be made fully with pantry ingredients. Have I mentioned that this is an EGG FREE/EGGLESS pudding recipe yet? Yes, indeed it is. For the recipe I’ve provided below, I indicate the use of half and half, however, if you don’t have this on hand in your fridge or you just got back from grocery shopping and forgot to pick this up – don’t you just hate when that happens?, no fear, you can simply use those cans of evaporated milk you have stowed away in your pantry. Like I said, super easy – completely fuss free! Once your pudding is done and has set in the friends, you eat it as it is or fold in some unsweetened whipped cream, if you want an even lighter pudding – totally up to you but delicious either way! Enjoy!
Homemade Eggless Butterscotch Pudding
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place brown sugar, cornstarch and salt into a medium sized saucepan. Stir to fully combine.
- Add about ½ a cup of your half and half to sugar mixture. Stir until mixture comes together and is smooth.
- Add the remaining half and half (1 cup) into a saucepan and stir to fully combine.
- Turn heat on to medium low and cook mixture stirring continuously until mixture begins to thicken and bubbles begin to form on the top. Continue cooking, while stirring for another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat and add vanilla and butter. Stir until ingredients are fully melted and incorporated.
- Pour mixture into individual serving glasses or ramekins pie shell and place in fridge to set and cool for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped pecans!