VEGAN Oil Pie Crust
My Flaky Oil Pie crust recipe is my main go to pie crust recipe for my pies. Not only is this recipe super easy it’s also vegan, which really is a plus because it means you don’t run the risk of over handling it the way you could a butter based pie crust. Use this pie crust to make your favorite pie either savory or sweet! Blind bake your pie crust to make a no bake pie such an ice cream pie using my Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, or a Chocolate Mousse Pie. Or make half of my Spinach Squares recipe for a delicious savory cheesy spinach pie!
Flaky Oil Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons ice water
- Place flour, salt and sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add oil and stir into mixture, until dough starts to just come together. .
- Add cold water a tablespoon at a time stirring between each addition until the water is absorbed and the dough comes together to form a ball – you can use your hands for this step. Dough should be soft and smooth and not sticky.
- Use dough immediately or transfer wrap in plastic wrap until ready to use.
- When ready to use, press dough up along the sides and along the bottom of the pie dish.