RICH & CREAMY HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE
Nothing says winter or the holiday season like some good ol’ hot chocolate. My Homemade Hot Chocolate is a keeper recipe for the holidays. Super simple to make during Christmas! For more than one serving simply multiply by the number of people you will be serving – eg. making for 3 people use 3 cups and triple the remaining ingredients! Simple and delicious is the name of our game!
Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- 20 g bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon instant expresso powder
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Place milk and half and half into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it starts to steam and you see small bubbles forming on the surface – DO NOT LET BOIL.
- Turn heat off and add in chocolate chips. Allow them to sit in hot milk for one minute. Stir to fully combine.
- Turn heat back on to medium low and heat, stiring, for another 2-3 minutes to ensure the chocolate is fully melted and a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows and whipped cream.