How to make ice cream without ice cream maker and condensed milk
There is nothing greater than being able to make your own homemade ice cream from scratch! The best part is that this old fashioned homemade ice cream is made without a machine!! That’s right, you can 100% make creamy ice cream without a machine. My recipe uses, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla – that’s it! And no, you have not misread the list of ingredients – this no-churn ice cream is made without sweetened condensed milk! Super simple, right?
Have I mentioned that you’ll never have to let this ice cream sit out on the counter to soften before serving? Enjoy this incredibly creamy, soft and simple vanilla ice cream straight from the freezer – no need to let it sit out the counter before serving! This ice cream is so good, it’ll have you licking your bowl clean! For the ultimate indulgent treat drizzle over some warm homemade dessert sauce:
What’s better than homemade no-churn vanilla ice cream from scratch? CAKE and ICE CREAM – SEE BELOW!!!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika as I love seeing your photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Homemade Ice Cream from Scratch
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream whipped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste/pure extract
- Pour whipping cream into the bowl of a standing mixer, and beat until stiff peaks form. Cover cream and place in fridge.
- Place sugar and eggs into a medium bowl and begin to whisk to combine.
- Place bowl over a pot of simmering water on medium-low heat. Ensure the bowl does not touch the bottom of the pot – bain marie method.
- Carefully whisk the mixture continuously, until mixture is pale in colour and double in volume – 15-18 minutes. It is important to mix constantly to ensure eggs do not cook.
- Pour custard into the bowl of a standing mixer (can be poured through sieve), and with a whisk attachment, and beat on high for 7-12 minutes or until custard has cooled to room temperature - the bowl should be cool to the touch. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add prepared whipped cream a third at a time, and on the lowest setting, mix to incorporate into custard.
- Pour ice cream into a container and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream. Cover with lid and place into the freezer. Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, preferably over night.
CAKE AND ICECREAM ANYONE? ENJOY THIS VANILLA ICE CEAM WITH ONE OF THE CAKES BELOW!