RICH AND THICK MARINARA SAUCE
My homemade marinara sauce is so easy to make! Using only a few simple ingredients this is the perfect make ahead pasta sauce! Use this to make a simple spaghetti dish or baked ravioli.
Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and slivered
- ¼ cup onion finely minced
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- Place oil into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until the become translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 to 45 seconds – do not brown.
- Add red chilli flakes, salt, oregano and basil. Stir.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Taste for salt and oregano – add more to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite pasta or use to make baked pasta dish!