Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
These are the best homemade vanilla cupcakes from scratch!! A key ingredient which makes these extra moist, light and fluffy, is sour cream!
Frost these cupcakes with one of my delicious frostings:
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Moist Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment, turn mixer on low speed for a few seconds to combine the dry ingredients.
- Add your butter to the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture resembles a sand-like/crumb texture.
- Add eggs and mix until just incorporated.
- Slowly pour in the milk and mix until fully incorporated into batter. Stop mixer and scrap the sides and bottom of your bowl. Add vanilla extract. Stir until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners half way to three-quarters full, with batter. You may use an icecream scoop, a ¼ cup measure ,or 2 tablespoons of batter
- Bake cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean and is springy to the touch.
- Removed cupcakes from cupcake tin afer 5-10 minutes and place them on a cooling wrack to cool to room temperature. Decorate with your favorite frosting such as my Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting. Makes 16-18 cupcakes!