Healthy Morning Glory Muffins with Pineapple
My Morning Glory Muffins are what I refer to as ‘The Ultimate Breakfast Muffins’. These muffins are packed full of carrots and zucchini – don’t worry you can’t taste them, with the perfect amount of sweetness from raisins and pineapple and only 1/3 cup of sugar!
Enjoy these delicious, moist, flavor packed muffins
For added texture, feel free to sprinkle overtop a pinch of instant/quick oats, before placing them in the oven!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Bakery Style (Reduced Sugar) Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raisins plus ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup pineapple chunks pureed
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup grated zucchini 1 medium zuchinni
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Place pineapple chunks and juices into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place raisins into a bowl and add boiling water. Stir and set aside.
- Place flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place sugar, oil, butter and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for 4 minutes on medium high speed until doubled in volume and pale in color.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add half of the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add the pineapple puree, raisins (including the liquid), carrots, zuchinni and coconut. Stir until just combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill muffin liners three-quarters of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and muffins are spring to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack. These muffins can be stored in the fridge or placed in Ziplock bag and frozen for up to 3 months.
- Makes 21 to 24 muffins