Crispy oven fried chicken recipe
Mmm, mmm, mmm fried chicken!! As a lover of fried chicken, I really enjoy being able to indulge in a healthier version of this recipe with my easy Oven Baked Fried Chicken recipe! Look no further for a delicious healthy fried chicken recipe that’s crispy, juicy, moist and flavorful! The secret to this juicy oven baked fried chicken is the mayonnaise dressing/mayo dredge I make which I use to coat the chicken in! Not only does this keep the chicken nice and moist, it gives such great flavor! View my recipe demonstration below!
Oven Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 ½ teaspoon of both thyme and parsley
- 1 teaspoon rosemary paprika, black pepper, salt and minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder and minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced hot chilli pepper or chilli flakes optional
- 1.5 – 2 lbs chicken drumsticks – skin removed
- 3 cups panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place mayonnaise and spices into a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place skinless chicken drumsticks into a bowl and generously season with salt and black pepper.
- Add spiced mayonnaise and massage into chicken, ensuring each piece is coated. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 1 - 2 hours to marinate, or overnight if preferred.
- Place panko breadcrumbs into shallow bowl. Add 1-2 pieces of chicken to crumbs and toss to coat chicken with panko crumbs. Place coated chicken on wired rack or plate for 5 minutes and then toss into panko crumbs one final time.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease or spray the aluminum foil with cooking oil.
- Place coated chicken pieces onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chicken for 40-50 minutes or until fully cooked and juices run clear.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE WITH THE FOLLOWING SIDE DISHES