Weetabix Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
Maybe it’s because they just pair so darn well together – it’s like a liquefied Peanut Butter Banana sandwich – okay maybe not the greatest way to describe this
deliciously thick, sweet and salty beverage,
but trust me it is tastes better than my blender sandwich analogy, LOL. Did I mention that I like to add an extra something to my smoothies to give them a bit more of a hold – keep me going through the morning. Weetabix (this is not a sponsored post) – yes the lovely hearty, slightly sweet, wheat cereal biscuits. I like to add half, if not one full biscuit, to my mix when making my Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies and it doesn’t really alter the taste. I find that adding the Weetabix (you could also try oat flour) really takes the smoothie from a simple drink to a really great grab-and-go high protein breakfast item, and who doesn’t like an ultimate breakfast on the go?
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika as I love seeing your photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Peanut Butter Banana Cereal Smoothie
- 1/2 of a banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cereal biscuit Weetabix - ground/whole Oatmeal or Shredded Wheat can also be used
- Slice banana and into the cup of a Magic Bullet or your blender.
- Add your peanut butter to the banana slices, in addition to 3 tablespoons of your milk.
- Pulse mixture for 10 seconds.
- Crush cereal biscuit and add to the pulsed banana and peanut butter.
- Add the remaining of your milk. Pulse to liquefy.
- Pour smoothie into glass and enjoy!
TRY MY OTHER EASY, SIMPLE & DELICOUS BREAKFAST SMOOTHIES