Semi-homemade Pumpkin Cake!
My Pumpkin Angel Food Cake is a perfect quick fix dessert recipe during the holidays , or really just whenever, because who doesn’t love pumpkin? Okay I know by now some of you are getting tired of all the pumpkin recipes, but I really just can’t help myself! Anyways, this delicious dressed up box cake recipe is taken to a whole other level with my Cinnamon Spiced Whipped Cream. Try this recipe – I know you’ll love it!
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cinnamon Spiced Whipped Cream
- 1 box of angel food cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cake flour sifted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cinnamon Spice Topping
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat together until well combined.
- Pour batter into a non greased angel food pan.
- Bake for 40 to 55 min or until toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and invert cake pan immediately, allowing edges to rest on 2 cans or cake pans. Cool completely.
- While cake is cooling prepare topping by placing 'cinnamon spice topping' ingredients into bowl of a stand mixer, and beating until the whipped cream reaches a stiff peak.
- To loosen, run spatula along the edge of the cake and the center.
- Cut cake in half. Place half of the Cinnamon Whipped Cream onto the fist layer.
- Top with other half of cake and finish with remaining whipped cream.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve or enjoy right away.