IT’S PUMPKIN TIME!!!
For those bored of the same old pumpkin pie this holiday season, try my amazing Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler! A delicious moist pumpkin pecan cake layer over top of a gooey caramel sauce! This is a perfect dessert for your holiday dessert table, served with homemade vanilla ice cream or salted caramel ice cream. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- For the cake, place your dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Stir together using a wired whisk. Add the pumpkin puree, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter evenly into a lightly buttered 8 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine the sauce ingredients, excluding the boiling water. Sprinkle over top of the batter, the sauce mixture in an even layer.
- Place your baking dish onto a cookie sheet. Carefully pour the hot water over the sauce mixture.
- Place cookie sheet into a preheated 350 oven and bake for 35-45, until cake is dry on the top.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite ice cream!