ATTENTION PUMPKIN LOVERS!!!
My Pumpkin Pie Crunch is a perfect alternative to pumpkin pie this holiday season. Enjoy this delicious dessert – a smooth creamy pumpkin pie layer topped with a crunchy pecan crumble. Simple and delicious is the name of our game! Best served with homemade vanilla ice cream or salted caramel ice cream. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Crunch
- Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can of pumpkin purée
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crunch Topping
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups butter softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly greased 8 x 11 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Prepare the crunch topping by combining all 'crunch topping' ingredients, excluding the pecans, using a fork, until fully combined. Mixture should resemble breadcrumbs.
- Place two thirds of the crunch topping in the bottom of your prepared baking pan and press into an even layer. Set aside remaining mixture.
- Place all ‘pumpkin pie’ ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour mixture over 'crunch topping' layer and smooth out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 'crunch topping' evenly over the surface of pumpkin pie layer.
- Sprinkle the crushed pecans over top of that.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes and then serve with ice cream and caramel sauce.