Love sugar cookies? Love pumpkin? You’ll LOVE my Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars!
My Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars are perfect to make over the holidays! Enjoy my take on these moist pumpkin sugar cookie bars with a delicious cinnamon spiced cream cheese frosting!
Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Cinnamon Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ confectioners sugar
- ½ easpoon vanilla
- 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon half and half
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8 x8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar into a medium sized mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Mix to fully combine.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and flour. Stir until just combined.
- Place batter into a greased 8 x8 baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the frosting place 8 ouce of cream cheese into a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, confectioners sugar and heavy cream. Mix until fully combined.
- Spread frosting over the surface of the pumpkin cookie and then cut into squares.