Quinoa stir fry with vegetables
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ onion chopped
- ¾ of red yellow and green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced/crushed garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried rosemary thyme, parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place quinoa into a medium sized saucepan and cover with water – about 1 ½ - 2 cups. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, and simmer until quinoa has separated, absorbed the water, is tender . Drain any excess water from quinoa using a colander and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add bell peppers and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices to vegetables and stir.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy along side my Panko and Herb Crusted Salmon!
Enjoy this Quinoa Stirfy with the following SIDES