Quinoa stir fry with vegetables
Quinoa is one of the best substitutes for rice and pasta – that’s right even pasta! This incredible super-food, is really not difficult to make and tastes great. For this quinoa stir fry recipe I’ve said good-bye to starchy white rice and have instead used quinoa. For my recipe I added some diced bell pepper, but you can add which ever vegetables you like, such as corn, peas and carrots. And of course could add some cooked scrambled egg, sliced chicken or pork to this, to take this tasty easy quinoa fried rice over the top!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Quinoa Fried Rice Recipe
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ onion chopped
- ¾ of red yellow and green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced/crushed garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried rosemary thyme, parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place quinoa into a medium sized saucepan and cover with water – about 1 ½ - 2 cups. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, and simmer until quinoa has separated, absorbed the water, is tender . Drain any excess water from quinoa using a colander and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until tender. Add bell peppers and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices to vegetables and stir.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy along side my Panko and Herb Crusted Salmon!
Enjoy this Quinoa Stirfy with the following SIDES
Broccoli and Mushrooms
Oven Baked Herb Crusted Salmon
Sweet and Spice BBQ Chicken Wings