Quick and easy scalloped potatoes recipe with mushroom soup
If you’re like me, you like to have a stockload of recipes in your back pocket that you can easily whip up for a weeknight dinner. My rich, creamy and cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe is one of these kinds of recipes. This incredibly simple cheesy potatoe casserole recipe is a favorite of mine, and even better it requires so few ingredients – milk, cream of mushroom soup (I use the Campbell’s brand – no this is not a sponsored post), cheese, salt, pepper and a few spices – SUPER SIMPLE!!! These potatoes pair great with my sauteed spinach and spicy bbq chicken wings for a over the top DELICIOUS dinner!!!!
I really hope you’ll give this recipe a try, and when you make it, be sure to let me know in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!! Also be sure take a photo of your creation, and post it on Instagram and tag me @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika as I love seeing your creations and photos! Also be sure to share this recipe across all your social media platforms!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 284 ml can mushroom soup
- 284 ml milk emptied soup can filled with milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash, peel and thinly slice 8-9 russet potatoes. Place sliced potatoes into a bowl of cold water to prevent discoloration.
- In a bowl stir the mushroom soup and milk together until combined.
- Season with thyme, rosemary and salt.
- Layer one-third of the sliced potatoes in a greased square casserole or deep baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of black pepper over the layer of potatoes, followed one-third of your cheese. Pour one-third of your sauce over the potatoes and cheese layer. Repeat layers and finish top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45-60 minute, or until potatoes are fully cooked (fork tender), cheese is melted, and top is golden brown.
OTHER DELICIOUS POTATO RECIPES
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Easy Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes