Easy homemade strawberry cake recipe made from scratch
This fresh strawberry cake recipe from scratch without jello, is a keeper! That’s right no artificial flavors and no boxed cake mix are included in this recipe!!
There’s nothing like a homemade Strawberry Cake, bursting with fresh strawberry flavor, in the spring and summer. This is a simple and easy cake that is so perfectly moist and light! I make a super simple 2 ingredient cream cheese frosting for to top off this cake, however you could use my whipped cream cheese frosting recipe, my sweetened whipped cream recipe, or even my whipped chocolate frosting, because who doesn’t love chocolate and strawberries.
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Homemade Strawberry Cake from SCRATCH
- 2-3 cups fresh strawberries sliced pureed**
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2/3 cups butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cups strawberry puree
- Fuss Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- Directions – Strawberry Puree**
- Place strawberries, 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water into a saucepan. Bring to boil and let simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat. Place cooked down strawberries and syrup into a food processor and purée the strawberries until smooth. Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside to cool. Makes ½ to ¾ cup of strawberry puree.
- Directions – Strawberry Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer. Using the paddle attachment, turn mixer on low speed.
- With your mixer on, slowly add the butter a few tablespoons at a time. Mix until mixture resembles crumb-like consistency.
- Add milk and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add strawberry puree and mix until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely to room temperature before icing with Fuss Free Cream Cheese Frosting. Drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Directions - Cream Cheese Frosting
- Using a wooden spoon, in a medium bowl stir cream cheese until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar and gradually stir until combined. Use immediately to ice any cake such as Strawberry Cake or place in fridge for 3-5 days.