Lemon Brownies with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Moist, soft and slightly dense vanilla sheet cake, with a zesty cream cheese frosting, turns into perfect lemon squares/lemon blondies!
Using heavy whipping cream, and melted butter, create a perfectly moist and slightly dense sponge. Covered with a zesty lemon cream cheese frosting, this vanilla sheet cake turns into the perfect lemon blondies!
Did you try this recipe?
Share your creation on Instagram, Facebook, social media and tag @cookingwithchika or #cookingwithchika
Share your feedback in the comment section below, as I’d absolutely love to hear what you think!!
Cream Cheese Lemon Squares
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- zest and juice of 2 organic lemons
- 2 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place sugar and eggs in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat at medium speed until mixture is pale and triples in volume - about 5-7 minutes.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Using a wired whisk mix together to combine.
- Add half of your dry ingredients to your sugar mixture. Stir until just combined. Add half of your heavy cream and stir to combine. Add remaining flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Add remaining heavy cream, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix to incorporate until just combined. Scrape down the sides of your bowl to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When done, let cool to room temperature.
- Place cream cheese in the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add confectioners sugar and reserved lemon juice. Mix to fully incorporate ingredients.
- Once lemon cake base is completely cooled, evenly smooth cream cheese frosting over top.
- Cover and place in fridge or freezer to set overnight, or for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into desired squares and serve!