HEARTY WHITE CHILI CHICKEN
There’s nothing like a warm bowl of White Chili Chicken to warm you up on a cold winter day. Make that a cold spring day…Yes unfortunately it is still snowing in Alberta, despite that spring has already officially started. This delicious, simple recipe is a quick comfort dish that will warm you to the core – enjoy!
White Chili Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 2 cans White Kidney Cannelloni Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups low sodium or no salt chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dry cilantro
- Place 2 tablespoons of oil into a pot. Once oil is heated add your onions. Sautee for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, ensuring to break chicken into pieces.
- Add minced garlic, oregano, parsley, thyme and cumin. Cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chopped green chillies, beans, water and chicken broth.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat. Cover pot and continue cooking for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take a spoon or fork and mash a few of the beans – this will add some body to the chili. Stir in cilantro.
- Spoon chilli into serving bowls and garnish with cheese and chopped green onions or sour cream and green onions. Enjoy